Changelog for ccNewsletter
Starting April 2014 we will only publish the changelogs in our downloads section.
A change log is a log of changes made to an extension, usually including new features, bug fixes and other changes.
ccNewsletter 1.6.1 [05-04-2014]
- Ticket 7584: Mail function not working
- Reports: "Sent at" time correct?
- Ticket 7582: Subscribing is two times displaying as wrong
- Reports: newsletter sending calculation is not updated correctly
- Reports: Improve Opens
- Ticket 7485: Newsletter not working correct
ccNewsletter 1.6.0 BETA [10-03-2014]
- New features:
- Reports v1: Intro
- Reports v2: Opens (track newsletter opens)
- Reports v3: Unsubs (track newsletter unsubscribes)
- Add empty alt to tracking pixel
- Check the new implementation in Joomla! 2.5
- Reports: search and listing not working correct
- Newsletter mail headers
- Register IP when users subscribe
- Reports layout improvement
- Developer testing
- Normal sending process change
ccNewsletter 1.5.5 [10-03-2014]
- Toolbar icon in live update improvement
- Issue with French language file
- Footer & Live update improvement
- Test group amount changed to 1.000 instead of 10.000
- Ticket 7523: subscriber not listing correct
- Ticket 7485: Editor problem when saving
ccNewsletter 1.5.4 [17-02-2014]
Ticket 7464 and others: HTML tags are not updating after create/edit a newsletter, causing the template to seem scrambled
ccNewsletter 1.5.3 [04-02-2014]
- Toolbar button order improvement
- FOF installation issue caused due to missing index.html
- Newsletter listing ruler not working correct
- Search for references to "hello world" in code and remove
- Remove unneeded rows from AKStrapper
- Ticket 7301: Pagination Ordering counter
- Add white admin icon to Joomla! 3 administrator
- Warning notifications after installing removed
- ItemID & subscription module
- Script timeout (internal question)
- [J2] groups dropdown in subscribers in Joomla! 2.5 missing
- After sending newsletter, creating a null template
- Redirect on test/send cancel
- Configuration page has no spaces, improved layout
- Upgrade page shows error message
- Save newsletter on test/send button click
- Unassigned subscribers should not be shown in site
- Subscriber layout issues: search and filter not working
- Created date in newsletters
- Direct access to non-published newsletters
ccNewsletter 1.5.2 [16-12-2013]
- Added warning in landing page to update the download ID
- Added ID column before "Action" column in subscribers overview
- Fixed a bug for created date when update the old newsletters
- Fixed conflict in bootstrap CSS and buttons in backend CSS files
- Fixed a bug for saving the subscriber in backend
- Fixed the date format bug in newsletters overview
- Fixed a bug for creating newsletter in backend
- Fixed a bug for display version in live update footer
- Fixed a bug for displaying 2 modules in same page
- Fixed the background color for the ccNewsletter module
- Improved the button style in ccNewsletter module
- Removed "adminform" and "admintable" class from ccNewsletter files
- Changed the minimum stability tooltip text in configuration page
- Improved footer in all Overview pages
- Replaced subscriber view link to bootstrap button
- Removed test subscribers from other groups
- Customised the send button in Newsletter edit page
- Improvement configuration and Newsletters overview page
ccNewsletter 1.5.1 [14-11-2013]
Warning!We are doing a lot of layout improvements in the ccNewsletter 1.5.x versions. If you have used layout overrides with ccNewsletter, please wait with updating until ccNewsletter 1.6, so you do not have to check your overrides in every single 1.5 update. If you have not used Joomla! layout overrides, you can update to ccNewsletter 1.5 without issues.
- Tested on Joomla! 3.2, fixed a few minor issues
- Included FOF (RAD framework, thanks Akeeba!) for future use
- Included Akeeba Strapper for unified interface in all Joomla! versions
- Started combining Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x layouts into one layout (with Akeeba Strapper)
- Included Live update feature (thanks Akeeba!). Yes: one click updates from your administrator!
- Improved sending process by sending the first batch later in the process
- Added option "Unassigned subscribers" to groups dropdown in Subscribers view, to easily see what subscribers are not addesd to a subscriber group
- Added a test subscriber group to create/remove 10.000 subscribers with one-click
- Added new (nicer) social icons and added linkedin icon to default newsletter template
- Tested with Chrome developer tools and cleaned up issues
- Included new footer in the administrator for extension information, quick links to support/manual/info
- Added Update notification to the new footer
- Various other UI improvements in all views
- Worked on "Code improvements 2013" internal project to bring code base more in line with latest Joomla! standards
ccNewsletter 1.4.10 [27-09-2013]
- Fixed a bug for backend subscriber statistics.
- Fixed a bug for import/export page through textarea in backend.
- Fixed a bug for pagination in backend subscriber layout.
- Fixed upload format issue in import/export page.
ccNewsletter 1.4.9 [06-08-2013]
- Fixed a bug for export CSV file
- Fixed a bug for conflicts with Akeeba AdminTools extension
- Fixed a bug for saving configuration when upgrade
- Fixed a bug in import functionality
- Fixed a bug in captcha code for inline popup
ccNewsletter 1.4.8 [24-07-2013]
- Fixed a bug for component subscription form in Joomla 3.
- Moved the inline scripts to seperate js files.
- Improvement in validation for ccNewsletter module.
ccNewsletter 1.4.7 [28-06-2013]
- Added support for html tags in textarea of ccNewsletter module.
- Fixed a bug for email field when using "loadmodule" plugin.
- Fixed a bug for "total subscribers" field in newsletter list page.
- Fixed a bug for editor permission.
- Changed insertion of CSS and JS files to Joomla! 2.5 standard
- Changed "Amounts of emails per batch" value to 25 by default.
ccNewsletter 1.4.6 [14-06-2013]
- Fixed a bug for user edit permission in backend permission's popup.
- Fixed a bug for update configuration in Joomla! 3.
- Fixed a bug for [unsubscribe link] tags in Acknowledgement.
- Removed the default white backgound from all module styles.
ccNewsletter 1.4.5 [25-05-2013]
- Fixed a bug for save configurations.
- Fixed a bug for syntax error in subscribe or unsubscribe.
- Fixed a bug for syntax error while upgrade.
- Fixed a bug for cancel toolbar button in sending newsletter letter process in the backend.
- Fixed a bug for install component.
- Changed ccNewsletter logos in backend.
- Added dash(-) in subscribers list page while user subscribe without login from frontend.
ccNewsletter 1.4.4 [27-04-2013]
- Fixed a bug for language string in frontend newsletter list page.
- Fixed a bug for syntax error in backend entry level file in the ccNewsletter.
- Removed email validator functionality from frontend and backend configuration field.
ccNewsletter 1.4.3 [03-04-2013]
- Fixed a bug for JPATH_COMPONENT in direct calling php file in URL for backend.
- Fixed a bug for jquery in ccNewsletter module dropdown style.
- Improved ccNewsletter module layout for all style and correct spellings in module.
- Removed class="adminform" and class="admintable" from ccInvoices files for Joomla3.x.
ccNewsletter 1.4.2 [22-03-2013]
- Fixed a bug for layout in backend newsletter edit view page.
- Fixed a bug for preview button in backend newsletter edit view page.
- Fixed a bug for display permissions button in backend newsletters overview page.
- Moved close toolbar button to last in each edit view page in backend.
- Changed icon for toolbars in backend newsletter overview page, newsletter edit view page and subscribers overview page.
- Changed toolbar button Empty trash to Delete in backend.
- Removed Joomla versions number from installation messages.
- Updated german language file.
ccNewsletter 1.4.1 [11-03-2013]
- Added support for Joomla! 3
- Removed support for Joomla! 1.5
ccNewsletter 1.3.9 [14-03-2013]
- Changed the newsletter format from view online link in mail with converted tags.
ccNewsletter 1.3.8 [21-02-2013]
- Added new translation to the German language.
- Added translation string to the language file for back button and captcha reload image tool-tip text.
ccNewsletter 1.3.7 [01-02-2013]
- Implemented language file feature, For example: if user is using the Dutch language in backend with some missing translations those translation will load from the English language file.
- Changed all language file comments to same as Joomla default language file comments ";".
ccNewsletter 1.3.6 [31-12-2012]
- Improvements for newsletter edit view page in back-end.
- Fixed a bug for module dropdown style height.
- Fixed a bug for introduction text was not showing in dropdown style from module parameter.
- Fixed a bug in import functionality with selected group.
- Fixed a bug for ACL in Admin for displaying component in Extension menu.
- Changed tool-tip for script timeout field in configuration page.
- Updated the Dutch language file for module and components.
ccNewsletter 1.3.5 [23-11-2012]
- Added new tag [sitename] in Acknowledgement and newsletter edit view page in backend.
- Fixed a bug for utf-charachters was not supporting in database fields.
- Fixed a bug for group dropdown in subscribers overview page.
- Updated the Greek language files for backend and frontend.
- Changed Subcribers to Subscribers in backend group overview page.
ccNewsletter 1.3.4 [25-10-2012]
- Add Slovene language files.
- Fixed a bug in German language file.
- Fixed a bug for ACL in backend.
- Fixed a bug for UTF characters in frontend newsletter popup page.
- Fixed a bug for untranslated strings and changed it to language file in frontend.
- Fixed a bug for Dutch language file.
- Changed ordering in frontend newsletter list page to newest first.
ccNewsletter 1.3.3 [24-09-2012]
- Fixed a bug for ordering columns in subscriber overview page in backend.
- Fixed a bug for height of ccNewsletter module.
- Added new dutch translations for backend language file.
ccNewsletter 1.3.2 [13-09-2012]
- Translated all module options to module language file.
- Added Greek language file.
- Added extra check for sending interface : if groups are enabled and have at least one subscriber then only dropdown will display for selecting group.
- Fixed a bug for ccNewsletter module css.
- Fixed a bug for message displaying when different format file importing.
- Changed text in language file for frontend.
- Changed path for exported CSV file to administrator/components/com_ccnewsletter/files/csv/.
- Removed file after downloading exported file.
- Changed admin language file text : "Susbcribers" to " Subcribers".
- Changed subscribers overview page : when there are no groups batch processing is hide.
- Import functionality changes:
- Changed in admin language file text "delemiter" to "delimiter".
- "Add subscribers" checkbox always enabled by default.
- Added subscription date by txt file importing to database.
- Changed textarea functionality now user can enter them without commas "," but user must use ENTER with each email id.
- Delete subscriber information show in alert when "Delete subscriber" checkbox is selected.
ccNewsletter 1.3.1 [28-08-2012]
- Added tooltip in Group edit view for Public field.
- Fixed a bug by replacing php short tags to long tags <?php ?> in frontend subscribe page.
- Improvements in dropdown style for ccNewsletter module.
- Changed "permissions" to "Permissions" in backend permission's popup.
- Changed site link CSS for removing blue color when hover any link.
- Changed "Group" to "Groups" in backend subscriber edit view.
- Changed "Sent Date" to "Subscription Date" in export CSV file while exporting.
- Removed "Newsletter subscription" text which is not in bold and displaying after subscription in frontend.
- Changed basic email checker in module and site component subscription form, Now to check email address format no need to enable Extended email validation.
ccNewsletter 1.3.0 [14-08-2012]
- Added Group functionality with new tab "Groups" in backend.
- Implemented import/export group wise.
- Implemented sending process group wise.
- Implemented new subscriber creating page with group same as Joomla! user edit view page.
- Added groups dropdown in subscribers overview page for filtering.
- Implemented group assigning functionality in frontend after subscription from module or components.
- Improved layout for Important information page before sending.
- Added Joomla ACL support.
- Added tooltip in configuration page.
- Added new parameter to module "Show previous newsletters link?", When user click on this link it will show list of newsletter in frontend.
- Added new tag [view online link] in newsletter edit view under helpful hints.
- Improved sending page layout with green message and red message.
- Added total subscriber number and group name with green message on sending page.
- Added router.php file to support SEF in frontend.
- Added new toolbar buttons, dividers and changed toolbar ordering and name in following pages.
- Subscriber edit view page.
- Subscriber overview page.
- Newsletter overview page.
- Newsletter edit view page.
- Configuration page.
- Acknowledgement overview page.
- Import/export page.
- Separate admin and site files.
- Changed preview popup window width and height to full screen and remove newsletter title in newsletter edit view.
- Frontend layout improvements
- Removed unwanted files from assets in admin folder.
- Added enable and disable icon in newsletter overview page for backend.
- Split module parameters by dropdown wise.
- Basic options
- Terms and conditions
- Changed/Improved module layout.
- Changed "Subscriber information" to "Subscriber" in subscriber edit view page.
- Changed "Newsletter sent mail" in language file.
- Moved backend images and css files to its folder under like administrator/components/com_ccnewsletter/asstes/images/
ccNewsletter 1.2.14 ST [10-07-2012]
- Fixed a bug for language text in backend and frontend.
- Fixed a bug for french language file in backend.
ccNewsletter 1.2.13 ST [14-06-2012]
- Fixed a bug for multi language in newsletter edit view for editor.
- Fixed a bug for apply button in newsletter edit view for Joomla 2.5, It will stay in edit view only after clicking apply button.
ccNewsletter 1.2.12 ST [24-05-2012]
- Fixed a bug for newsletter popup display special characters issue for IE in frontend newsletter list page.
ccNewsletter 1.2.11 ST [25-04-2012]
- Fixed a bug for some date format was not working for example "%A,%a" etc...
ccNewsletter 1.2.10 ST [10-04-2012]
- Fixed a bug by replacing php short tags <? ?> to long tags <?php ?> in frontend files.
ccNewsletter 1.2.9 ST [14-03-2012]
- Fixed a bug for display date in the backend in configuration page below the date format field.
- Upgrade the Greek language files for frontend and backend.
ccNewsletter 1.2.8 ST [24-02-2012]
- Fixed a bug for import subscribers from text file.
- Added new language text to German file in front end.
- Removed big newsletter issue option from configuration in backend.
ccNewsletter 1.2.7 RC [31-01-2012]
- Fixed a bug for huge newsletter loading page while sending to subscriber in the backend.
- Fixed a bug for long e-mail address in subscriber edit view page in the backend.
ccNewsletter 1.2.6 RC [10-01-2012]
- Fixed a bug for frontend list newsletter page in subscribe link.
- Fixed a bug for Joomla 2.5 beta in all edit view page in the backend.
- Fixed a bug for Italian language text in the frontend.
- Added index.html file to those folders where it was not present.
ccNewsletter 1.2.5 RC [19-12-2011]
- Fixed a bug for greek language text in the backend and frontend.
ccNewsletter 1.2.4 RC [28-11-2011]
- Fixed a bug in the module parameters.
- Fixed an issue when unpublished any newsletter in the back end but it was show in the front end listing page.
ccNewsletter 1.2.3 RC [17-11-2011]
- Added Danish language files.
- Added new parameter for captcha textbox in the module.
- Fixed a bug fieldset problem in IE.
- Ordering and pagination problem in the front end.
- Fixed a bug import/export file.