What's planned for ccInvoices?
Geschrieben von David-Andrew de Boer
Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2014
Recently, I received the question of what kind of updates might be expected for ccInvoices, our Joomla! invoicing extension. This is a very valid question, as I also just realised that ccInvoices hasn't received as much updates as cciDEAL and ccNewsletter over the last year. This was not on purpose, I just didn't realise it when we were so focused on cciDEAL and ccNewsletter. So, let me show you what we have planned for ccInvoices!
First of all, the current ccInvoices 1.9.x is very stable! That's why there were no major bugs discovered that needed to be fixed in another release. Still, we will release ccInvoices 1.9.10 within a month, and ccInvoices 2.0.0 shortly after that. ccInvoices 1.9.10 will have a few new features and improvements, and ccInvoices 2.0.0 will have a major new feature.... recurring invoices!
You should realise these are our plans and our intentions, but... they are just plans, not promises. Software development is hard to predict and plans might change or take longer than anticipated to implement. Having added that disclaimer, please enjoy this mini preview of what we are working on.
- The number of days that an invoice is late will be shown in the status in the invoices overview (below screenshot).
- The search in the invoices overview will also search in the content of "Notes" added to an invoice.
- The "Display currency format" options will be expanded to better support different currency formats, for example 1,000,000.00 and 1 000 000.00.
- There will be the option to add a note per contact (similar to the note that can be added to invoices currently).
- The user interface of the invoice edit view and invoice overview will be improved to better fit Joomla! 3 and Bootstrap.
- We will register and display the "Payment date" of invoices in the invoice edit view (below screenshot).
As I already mentioned on our twitter account, we want to implement recurring invoices in ccInvoices 2.0.0. We hope to have this functionality complete before the end of the year. This is a mockup of how I envision the recurring invoice functionality.
After ccInvoices 2.0 we already have planned the features for 2.1 and 2.2, but let's finish 1.9.10 and 2.0.0 first before we discuss those :-)