Joomla! extensions done right
Reliable software, pro support, regular updates
You can view all newsletter subscribers under Components > ccNewsletter > Subscribers.
- New: create a new subscriber
- Edit: edit an existing subscriber
- Delete: remove a subscriber from the ccNewsletter database
- Enabled: enable a subscriber, he will receive newsletters
- Disabled: disable a subscriber, he will not receive any newsletters. Subscribers that unsubscribe from the newsletter will also be disabled, not removed.
- User Sync.: synchronize all the Joomla! users in the site with the ccNewsletter component. This is a one-way sync, Joomla! users are added to ccNewsletter, not removed!
Above the table, apart from the default filter/search:
- The first dropdown can be used to show only the enabled or only the disabled subscribers
- The second dropdown can be used to show all subscribers or subscribers from a certain group
- The "Subscriber statistics" button allows you to quickly view the total amount of subscribers in ccNewsletter, and the amount of enabled and disabled subscribers.
The subscribers table itself contains:
- Subscriber Name: if available the name of the subscriber. Either entered by you, the subscriber in the site module or taken from the Joomla! user database if the subscriber is also a Joomla! user.
- Subscriber Username: if available the username of the subscriber. Taken from the Joomla! user database if the subscriber is also a Joomla! user.
- Subscriber Email: the email address of the subscriber where the newsletter will be sent to.
- Groups: any newsletter groups the subscriber is added to. Every subscriber is always added to the default "all subscribers" group. Groups can be changed in the "New/edit subscriber view"
- Subscribed date: the date the subscriber was added to the database.
- Status: enable or disable a subscriber. Subscribers will only receive newsletters if they is enabled. Subscribers that unsubscribe from the newsletter will also be disabled, not removed.
- Action: quick action buttons to edit the subscriber or delete the subscriber from the database
Batch processing subscribers
There is a batch processing tool for adding and removing subscribers from groups. It will only be visible if there is at least one extra group apart from the default "all subscribers" group. It is off course not logical to batch process subscribers in groups if there is only one group!
To process subscribers:
- In the subscribers table select one of multiple subscribers
- In the batch process area, select the group you want to manipulate
- Select the action you want to take, either add selected subscribers to the above group or remove them from it
- Click "Process"
- The subscribers are now added or removed from the selected group
New/edit subscriber view
Apart from the default Joomla! options (Save, Save & Close etc), you can enter the subscribers name and email address. You can define if a subscriber is enabled (receives newsletters) or not. In the second section you can select which groups the subscriber should be part of (if you use the groups at all). A subscriber can be added to multiple groups.
How are subscribers added, disabled or removed?
Subscribers can be added in a few different ways:
- via the subscription module in the site
- via the newsletter subscriber import function in the administrator
- manually via the "User Sync" option in the administrator subscribers page
- manually via the "Subscribers" page in the administrator
Subscribes can be disabled/unsubscribed: