Joomla! extensions done right
Reliable software, pro support, regular updates
To create an invoice you need to be signed in to the Joomla Administrator section of your website. In the steps below we will explain how to create the invoice.
- Log-in to your Joomla! website administrator
- Go to Components > ccInvoices > Invoices
- Click on the "New" button in the top right of your screen to start making an invoice
- In the "Details" section choose "Open" at Invoice Status or another status
- Check the check-box "Send invoice to contact" to send the invoice to the contact after saving the invoice
- At the "Contacts" section, please fill in the contacts information.
- In case of an new contact click on the "Save as new contact" button to save the information as a new contact.
- Click "Add existing contact" if you already have already added this contact, and select the contact
- To let your contact view the invoices in the fsite, you also need to create a user or connect the contact to an existing user with the button "Users". You can assign as many as users needed to the contact of the invoice.
- After these steps you can add the invoice items (products/services) to the invoice. If you sell the added items more then once, consider adding them to the items database (Components > ccInvoices > Items), so you can easily add them to new invoices again later. If you do not use the items more often, only add them in the Invoice edit view.
- In the text area"Note", you can enter information specific to this invoice (like a personal thank you note or specific payment details)
- You could add a discount by typing a number, for example 5, in the discount field. ccInvoices will automatically calculate the right prices.
- Check your invoice, if it's ok, press the "Save & Close" button on the top right of your screen and you will see the invoice in the overview, and the client will receive his invoice in his mailbox.
Explanation of the available fields
- Invoice Number: Shows the current invoice number and will show the last invoice number.
- Invoice Date: The creation date of the invoice (you can change this by clicking on the calendar)
- Due Date: The due date of you invoice. If this is configured in the configuration on for example 14, the due date will be 14 days, counting from the "Invoice Date".
- Invoice Status: Select the invoice status, options are:
- Draft is not an actual invoice, and is not sent to customers. You can use this status for a test or to save details you need to complete later. Because a draft is not an actual invoice, the invoice number for all drafts will always be 0. When you convert a draft to an invoice (change status to open), the draft will get an invoice number (increment from previous invoice number).
- Open means a new invoice that the client/contact needs to pay.
- Late means that the invoice was payed to late.
- Paid can be used if an invoice is already been paid.
- Add existing contact: Browse trough your existing contacts to easily add them to the invoice.
- Save as new contactt: When you filled the fields with new details you can use this function to create a new contact directly without going to the contacts area first
- Users: Add users to the contact so users can view there invoice(s) in the front-end of your website.
- Company name: Type the company's name here, or in case of an private person you can use the contacts name or for example: "Private Person".
- Contact person: Type the contact person of the company or the name of the contact.
- Contact number: Type the contact number here. For example: D00100
- Address: Type the address of the contact here
- E-mail: Type the e-mailaddress here. Use a right one because the invoices are mailed to that address.
- Reset all fields:
Items are products or services you bill to customers. At the top of the items section there are two buttons:
- Add existing item: chose an item from the items database and use the information in this invoice
- Add new item: add a new item for use only in this invoice, it will not be saved to the item database
If you are going to sell an item to contacts more then once, consider adding them to the items database so it will be easier to use that default information for new invoices in the future.
Every item has the following fields.
- ID: This is an internal item ID you can use yourself for your administration. This is an optional field.
- Qty: The quantity of the products/services provided to the contact
- Item name: A short description of the product/service provided to the contact
- Description: A very short description explaining the product or service.
- Price excl. tax: The price, excluded VAT, needs to be entered here
- Tax %: Pick the right Tax percentage. You can configure this in the Configuration section of ccInvoices
- Remove: Remove that item from the invoice (it will not be removed from the items database)
The note text area can be used to give some extra information on an invoice. This can be information about a product, service or even a short notice of a new product or service.
- Discount %: This is the percentage of the discount you want to give to the contact. You only need to type in the number, for example: 20. This will give 20% discount on the complete invoice.
- Subtotal: This will show the subtotal of the invoice (ccInvoices will calculate this)
- Tax: The tax of the invoice will be shown here (ccInvoices will calculate this)
- Total: This will show the total amount of the invoice with discount etc. (ccInvoices will calculate this)