Configuration of ccNewsletter
To access the ccNewsletter configuration:
- Go to the administrator of the Joomla! website
- Once you are logged in, go to Components > ccNewsletter > Configuration
- Start entering your preferred settings. You can hover over the text to get an explanation of each setting.
- From Name for Email: Specify the name of the sender. For example: the name of your website's newsletter, "Fred's Magazine", "Company Digest" etc.
- From Email Address for Email: Specify the Email Address of the sender. Example: email@example.com.
- Email Address for Test Email: Specify the Email Address used for test mails of the newsletter. This is mostly your own e-mail address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The default stettings are pretty save, but for larger subscriber amounts it could take some time to send all newsletters. In that case you might want to optimize these settings. Also read this FAQ about batch settings.
- Amount of emails per batch: Specify the number of emails to be sent per batch. About 100 is mostly save, lower the amount if ccNewsletter hangs or crashed during sending.
- Time between batches: Specify the time interval between the batches in seconds.
- Script Timeout: Specify the script time out in seconds. When sending a newsletter to more than 2000/3000 subscribers, depending on the server's performance, you might want to adjust this to a maximum of 120. Ask your hoster what the server script timeout is.
- Extended email validation: Validate whether the email is available on the domain server or not. This extra check will really try to contact that e-mail address before adding it to the ccNewsletter subscribers list. But because that e-mail address might be on a slow server, this process can take some time, and the subscriber might experience that as your website being "slow".
- Embedded Images: Specify if you want to embed the images in the newsletter or not.
- Acknowledgement: Specify if you want to send an email to any customer that subscribes/unsubscribe.
- Send e-mail to synced users: Specify if you want to send subscription emails to synced users from your
Joomla! user's database.
- Subscribe email: Specify if you want to send a subscription confirmation email to every new subscriber.
- Unsubscribe confirmation: Specify if you want to send an unsubscribe confirmation email to any
- Enable math captcha: Specify if you want to use the math captcha against spam or not.
- Enable unsubscribe button: Specify if you want to show a unsubscribe button on the subscription page.
- Date Format: You can specify the date format used in your Newsletter. To see examples use the link to: php.net
- Synchronize all user's: If yes, all the users available on the site no matter whether the user is approved or not,
will be synchronized.