Adding iDEAL to Hikashop
The latest test of our iDEAL integration was with Hikashop 2.3.x. The fastest and easiest way to implement iDEAL is to use a Hikashop version as close to the above as possible. We will regularly test cciDEAL Platform with new Hikashop versions.
- First install Hikashop in the Joomla! website.
- Then download the latest cciDEAL Platform version from our downloads section, and install it.
- To install the plugin go to Components > cciDEAL Platform > Integrations, click "Install" next to your plugin and make sure it's enabled under "Status".
- Configure the Hikashop plugin
- In the Joomla! administrator, go to Hikashop > System > Payment Methods
- Open the iDEAL plugin "Hikashop - cciDEAL Platform"
- Optional: click on the edit icon next to Zone (on the right) and select Netherlands (or any other country) if you want iDEAL not to work for all countries, but only the selected. If you want iDEAL to work for all countries, do not use this function.
- At the statusses, choose your desired status after different payments.
- Invalid status could be "Geannuleerd" or "Canceled"
- Pending status could be "Geplaatst" or "Pending"
- Verified status could be "Betaald" or "Paid"
- If the bank or PSP you use supports multiple payment methods, you can choose if and how you want to display them in HikaShop to the webshop customers.
- Use the Media Manager (Content > Media Manager) or FTP to go to /media/com_hikashop/images/payment.
- Download and unzip this file with payment method logos here iDEAL_logos.zip.
- The file contains different images with the payment methods supported. The PSD's are also included so you could also edit the images.
- iDEAL only: If you only use iDEAL, there are small, medium and large (in English and Dutch) iDEAL logos which can be used, there file name starts with "ideal_".
- All payment methods: if you use multiple payment methods, use the image "all_payment_methods.png". you can add more if needed, this file only has a few of the most popular payment methods.
- Some payment methods: if you use only a few of the payment methods, open all_payment_methods.psd in Photoshop (or similar software) and re-arrange the payment method layers.
- PostNL: we have also added a PostNL logo for your convenience, which can be used for your shipping methods.
- After you have chosen/modified a payment method image, upload it to the "payment" folder.
- Go back to Hikashop and click "Save" in the toolbar, so the Configuration tab is refreshed.
- On the right, click on the edit icon next to "Images", and select the preferred logo.
- Now, if needed, also edit the payment method Name and Description (on the left).
- Click on save, without changing anything else. The configuration should now be correct.
You can now configure your bank/PSP account in the corresponding chapter.