Migrate ccInvoices, ccNewsletter and our other extensions to Joomla! 2.5
If you are using ccNewsletter, ccInvoices or any of our other Joomla! extensions on your Joomla! 1.5 website, it might be a good time to migrate them and the entire website to Joomla! 2.5. Official support for Joomla! 1.5 ended April 2012, and unofficial support that was intended only for security releases ends in September 2012.
Apart from that, we will also be ending support for Joomla! 1.5 in our extensions in September 2012, as we mentioned earlier. Read on to learn how to move on.
2014 update: Joomla! 2.5 is now also EOL (end-of-life) so migrate from any Joomla! version to Joomla! 3! We also have manuals (under “Manuals” in the menu) for doing just that.
If you want to move to Joomla! 2.5, there are two methods to consider:
- Migrate: use a migration extension like SP Upgrade to migrate the site to Joomla! 2.5. This will take care of all core Joomla! functionality and information like articles, web links and menus. For most extensions (including templates) you will need to refer to the developer’s website for instructions on how to migrate.
- Rebuild: with smaller sites it might be worth it to just rebuild the site from the ground up in Joomla! 2.5. But, this could mean you have to move information in core and non-core Joomla! extensions manually.
In both cases, refer to the below list to see how you can migrate the information from our extensions to the Joomla! 2.5 version of the website.
- ccNewsletter: read the migration FAQ to migrate ccNewsletter to Joomla! 2.5
- ccDownloads: this is a Joomla! 2.5 only extension, it does not have a Joomla! 1.5 version to migrate from
- ccVAOM: read the migration FAQ to learn more about the status of the ccVAOM Joomla! 2.5 version
- ccInvoices: read the migration FAQ to migrate ccInvoices to Joomla! 2.5
- ccOmniKassa: the easiest thing to do is migrate the site to Joomla! 2.5, and then do a fresh install of ccOmniKassa on that site. Refer to the ccOmniKassa manual for details.
- cciDEAL Virtuemart: there is no Joomla! 2.5 version of cciDEAL Virtuemart, do a fresh install of cciDEAL Platform in the migrated Joomla! 2.5 site
- cciDEAL Platform: the easiest thing to do is migrate the site to Joomla! 2.5, and then do a fresh install of cciDEAL Platform on that site. Refer to the cciDEAL Platform manual for details.