Greatly improve the Joomla! 2.5 article manager
Save yourself a lot of time by greatly improving the Joomla! 2.5 article manager in under 10 minutes! According to research, you will become more productive with a larger computer screen. I’m pretty sure this will also apply to the Joomla! WYSIWYG editor.
With this simple and free change you can increase the “port” of the editor to almost 4.5 times it normal size. Best of all: this is not a Joomla! core hack, it’s just a template override! Screenshots available.
Follow these steps so start using the new “article edit view” within 10 minutes:
- Download and add the new edit.php (link) file to the following location via FTP: /administrator /templates /bluestork /html /com_content /article
- Download and install JCE (Joomla! Content Editor)
- Set JCE editor as default for all users in Site > Global Configuration > Site > Default Editor or only yourself in Site > My Profile
- Edit the JCE editor size in Components > JCE Editor > Editor Profiles > Your profile > Features & Layout > Editor Layout > Editor Width > 100%
- Set “Store Editor Size” to “No” in Components > JCE Editor > Editor Profiles > Your profile > Features & Layout > Editor Layout
- Go to the Article Manager in Content > Article Manager and hit the “New” button
- If you don’t see any changes, hit CTRL R a few times or remove your browser cache
- Tadaa! Your article edit area is now about 4.5 times bigger!