Adding Klarna Pay later to Virtuemart
Starting with cciDEAL 5.0 (for select customers) it’s possible to add Klara Pay later to Virtuemart (with Mollie). Follow the below steps to set this up.
- Go to the Mollie dashboard > Settings > Website profiles > Select the correct profile > Payment methods
- Enable Klarna Pay later as a payment method
- As soon as Mollie confirms that Klarna Pay later is enabled for your account, continue with the setup in cciDEAL
- In the website where you want to use Klarna Pay later, make sure you are using cciDEAL 5.0 or higher
- You will need to create and configure the Klarna Pay later payment method in Virtuemart.
- Go to Components > Virtuemart > Shop > Payment Methods and in the toolbar click “New”
- In the “Payment Method Information” tab
- In the “Payment Name” field enter “Klarna Pay later” in English or “Klarna Betaal later” in Dutch
- Set the “Published” radio button to “Yes”
- In the “Payment Description” field enter “Met ‘Betaal later’ betaal je je bestelling achteraf zodra je deze hebt ontvangen en besloten hebt deze te houden. Zo betaal je nooit voor wat je terugstuurt.”
- In dropdown “Payment Method” select “VM Payment – cciDEAL integration”
- In dropdown “Shopper Group” do not select any group unless you know what you are doing!
- In the toolbar, click “Save”
- Now open the “Configuration” tab
- Under the “Configuration” tab there might be a dropdown “Select payment method”, find and select “Klarna Pay later”.
- Change the “Order Status…” dropdowns to the values you require. Default values are:
- Pending = Pending
- Successful = Confirmed
- Failed = Cancelled
- Click “Save” in the top right toolbar to save all changes
- Klarna Pay later is now enabled in Virtuemart!
About order statuses
Orders that are Authorized and Paid at Mollie are “paid” in cciDEAL and the corresponding status in Virtuemart. It used to be that in order to ultimately receive your money, you must change the status of the order to Shipped in the Mollie dashboard, after you actually shipped the order. But Please Do read further.
Using custom database table to store data:
Klarna payment method sends shipping data to Mollie and cciDEAL works with Virtuemart shipping method. Now, you intend to use a custom database table to store data with a Paazl integration plugin for your shipping methods.
As of cciDEAL 6.0.9 the Paalz plug-in is added to the extension, if you chooses to use this above mentioned plugin to use a custom database table to store data. https://www.paazl.com
About order statuses in Klarna Pay later in cciDEAL 6.0.9 with Mollie:
Via Mollie API it is possible to send “Shipped” status back to a customer so customer receives an invoice. The status of the order can therefore automatically be change to confirmed when the payment has been authorized. In cciDEAL 6.0.9 the “Shipping status” can be set in the cciDEAL extension in the settings for when the order reaches that status, it returns the “Shipped” signal to Mollie so that the order is also completed in Mollie and the status is sent.
The order status will now be automatically updated in Mollie with cciDEAL version 6.0.9. So after updating the order status to “Shipped” in VirtueMart, a request will be send to Mollie to complete the order.
This is now ( cciDEAL 6.0.9) also possible in Klarna Pay Now
Why does Klarna refuse an order?
Klarna runs a risk: they pre-finance the payment. So they make a risk assessment based on the data that is available. This risk assessment is a trade secret, so you will not get to see why a payment has been rejected. You can only see that a payment has been rejected. You can only ask Klarna in general terms whether there is something structural. It often can take a while before you receive a substantive answer from Klarna.