Adding Klarna Pay now to Virtuemart
We wanted to make it possible for you our clients to be able to activate Klarna Pay now in your Mollie account so you can allow your customers to pay for their one-time purchases directly, via bank transfer or direct debit with the cciDEAL.
We added it to cciDEAL version 6.0.4.
But do take in consideration that Klarna Pay Now by Direct Debit is not available in Belgium & Finland.
Consult below for your convenience:
Starting with cciDEAL 5.0 (for select customers) it’s possible to add Klara Pay now to Virtuemart (with Mollie). Follow the below steps to set this up.
- Go to the Mollie dashboard > Settings > Website profiles > Select the correct profile > Payment methods
- Enable Klarna Pay Now as a payment method
- As soon as Mollie confirms that Klarna Pay Now is enabled for your account, continue with the setup in cciDEAL
Klarna Pay Now
- The Klarna Pay Now payment method is to be created and configurated in Virtuemart.
- Go to Components > Virtuemart > Shop > Payment Methods and in the toolbar click “New”
- In the “Payment Method Information” tab
- In the “Payment Name” field enter “Klarna Pay now” in English or “Klarna Betaal nu ” in Dutch
- Set the “Published” radio button to “Yes”
- In the “Payment Description” field enter “Met ‘Betaal nu’
- In dropdown “Payment Method” select “VM Payment – cciDEAL integration”
- In dropdown “Shopper Group” unless client knows what they are doing they
are advised not to select any group unless they know what they are doing!
- In the toolbar, click “Save”
- Open the “Configuration” tab
- Under the “Configuration” tab there might be a dropdown “Select payment method”, find and select “Klarna Pay Now”.
- Change the “Order Status…” dropdowns to the values you require. Default values are:
- Pending = Pending
- Successful = Confirmed
- Failed = Cancelled
- Click “Save” in the top right toolbar to save all changes
- Klarna Pay Now is now enabled in Virtuemart!
About order statuses
Orders that are Authorized and Paid at Mollie are “paid” in cciDEAL and the corresponding status in Virtuemart. Note: in order to
ultimately receive your money, you must change the status of the order to Shipped in the Mollie dashboard, after you actually shipped
Why does Klarna refuse an order?
You only see that a payment has been rejected. You can only ask Klarna in general terms whether there is something structural. It often takes a while before you receive a substantive answer from Klarna.