How to add the subscription module
To add the subscription module to your website you need to follow the below steps.
- Go to the administrator of the Joomla! website
- Once you are logged in, go to Extensions > Module Manager
- Search for the module with the title “ccNewsletter” and click on the title
- In the “Details” section of the module you need to pick a “Position” in your template by pressing the “Select position” button
- Below the Position field you need to set the “Status” to “Published”
- Scroll down to the “Menu Assignment” and select the page’s where you want to module to be visible
- If you want you can configure the module in the “Options” section. The explanations of every option and function are visible when you hover over the field titles with your mouse
- When you are done configuring the module to your needs (step 7) you need to click on the Save & Close button
- You can now check the ccNewsletter module in the front-end of your website
You will not see enabled subscriber groups (if used at all) in the module. ccNewsletter has a low friction module which makes it attractive for your site visitors to subscribe by not adding another “thinking” step “which group should I apply to” before they subscribe. Only after subscription, when they are already safely stored in your database, the enabled and public groups will be shown for the site visitor to choose from. This should result in a higher percentage of visitors subscribing.