How to create a menu item to the subscription form
To show a menu item on the front-end of your website to the subscription form you just have to follow the below steps. Alternatively you can also use the ccNewsletter subscription module, which is actually an easier and more flexible way to give your site visitors a way to subscribe to the newsletter.
- Go to the administrator of the Joomla! website
- Once you are logged in, go to Menus > Main Menu (or in any other menu you want to use this)
- Click on the “New” button on the top right place of your screen to add a new menu item
- Click on the select button, next to the field “Menu Item Type”, and choose “Subscribe” under the ccNewsletter section
- Fill in the “Menu Title” and if you use more of this items in other menus please also type on each menu item a different “Alias” to avoid difficulties
- When your done with configuring the menu item, please click on the “Save & Close” button on the top right place of your screen to save your menu item.
- You can now check the menu item on the front-end of your website
You will not see enabled subscriber groups (if used at all) in the subscription form. ccNewsletter has a low friction subscription form which makes it attractive for your site visitors to subscribe by not adding another “thinking” step “which group should I apply to” before they subscribe. Only after subscription, when they are already safely stored in your database, the enabled and public groups will be shown for the site visitor to choose from. This should result in a higher percentage of visitors subscribing.